Super Gymkhana Western Games
Liz Miller 613 445-3572
Friday, September 9, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the horse ring.
a) General rules and regulations of the Russell Agricultural Society and the Shilo Riding Club apply http://goo.gl/JQsti
b) Proper Western attire consisting of a Western shirt with a collar (sleeveless shirts are not permitted), long pants, Western hat or helmet and Western boots with a minimum 1/2″ tall heel are required for competition. Shirts must be buttoned up while in the ring.
- All Leadline, PeeWee and Youth riders are required to wear a helmet.
- Helmets are strongly recommended for Senior riders.
c) All riders must sign a hold harmless agreement. Agreements for riders ages 18 years and under must be signed by a parent or guardian.
d) All entries must include $2,000,000 proof of liability insurance. Insurance information must be filled out on the entry form.
e) Although a negative Coggins test results are not required, it is strongly recommended that exhibitors have all horses fully vaccinated and Coggins tested for their protection and for that of other exhibitors.
f) Individual entries will be accepted until Wednesday, September 7th at 11:59 p.m. Team entries will be accepted up to the completion of the Flag event. Entries are made at the Shilo Riding Club website at www.shiloridingclub.ca and all fees paid by 5:30 p.m. the day of the show.
g) Gate admission must be paid to enter for the show. Trailers must enter at the North Gate.
h) A class will not be run if there are less than three (3) entries.
i) Interference or complaints to the judge will not be tolerated. Sportsmanlike conduct is required at all times.
j) Riders can only show a maximum of two (2) horses per class.
- Horses may only be entered once per event per class (excludes Leadline).
k) Time faults & penalties:
- Barrel, Pole and /or Marker Knockdown – no time (N/T). In the event of a knockdown, the rifer will be alerted by a whistle. The rider is expected to stop their run and exit the ring.
- A five (5) second penalty will be assessed if the hat or helmet is not on the exhibitor’s person for the entire time the exhibitor is in the arena/ring.
l) There will be no refund to a rider dropping a class
m) Following the Leadline class, there will be a 20-minute warm up period for the Peewee, Youth and Senior riders. We will then drag and set up for the barrels.
n) There will be a ring drag after every 10 horses. Before the end of each drag, the next 10 horses to run must be in attendance in the pen at the start end of the ring.
o) There will be 2D for youth and senior divisions in the barrels and keyhole classes. The 2D split will be for 1.0 seconds.
p) If you enter early and need to make changes, please do so via email. If you simply make another entry, the meaning of the message may not be understood.
q) Entry forms and contact information can be found on the Shilo Riding Club website at http://shiloridingclub.ca
Open: Any age – $8 per class
Senior: 19 years and older on Jan. 1st of the current year – $8 per class
Youth: 14 to 18 years old on Jan. 1st of the current year – $4 per class
PeeWee and Leadline: 13 years old and under on Jan. 1st of the current year – no charge
Open/Senior (1D) – $50, $40, $30, $20, $10
Senior Classes (2D) – D1: $45, $35, $25 – D2: $20, $15, $10
Youth Classes (1D) – $25, $20, $15, $10, $5
Youth Classes (2D) – D1: $22.50, $17.50, $12.50 – D2: $10.50, $7, $5
PeeWee Classes – $10, $6, $4, $3, $2
Leadline – Ribbon
- 2D split will be +1 second
- No points will be awarded for team events. Points will only be awarded in PeeWee, Youth and Senior classes for Barrels, Dash, Keyhole, Flag and Pole Bending.
1. PeeWee and Leadline: Barrels, Dash, Keyhole
- To speed up the event and to accommodate as many riders as possible, there will be a Leadline division starting at 5:30 p.m. If the parent/coach needs to be in the ring with the rider, he or she is required to be in Leadline class.
- Leadline classes will be run on a shortened course.
2. Youth and Senior: Barrels (2D), Dash, Keyhole (2D), Flag, Pole Bending
3. Open: Relay, Pick-up