Mike Bols 613 445-2870
ORMAKE ENTRIES ONLINE
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th – 12th|
a) General rules and regulations of the Russell Agricultural Society apply.
b) Each breed must be shown separately and have at least 2 (two) exhibitors and at least 10 (ten) animals per breed. If these conditions are not met, only 50% of prize money will be paid or the breed may be shown in the A.O.B. class.
c) If using the downloadable entry form, entry form must be in the hands of the Fair Secretary no later than Friday, September 2, 2016. Photographs of entry forms sent via email is not acceptable.
d) Entry fees will be 25% of the prize money and will be deducted by the fair.
e) All animals must be registered in the exhibitor’s name on or before closing date for entries.
f) Each exhibitor must have available upon request by the committee:
Proof of liability insurance ($2,000,000) coverage. Failure to provide satisfactory documentation for any of the foregoing will
immediately disqualify exhibitor from any further participation in the sheep show.
g) Sheep must be in the pens by 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
h) All group classes must be shown in order to receive prize money.
i) The following breeds must be shown in Short Fleece (staple less than 1″ or 2.5 cm): Suffolk, Hampshire, Dorset, Texel and Oxford.
j) An exhibitor may show a maximum of 6 head per breed and a maximum of 3 in any one section for individual animals.
k) Any animal deemed unfit to show for health reasons may be removed at the discretion of the Sheep Committee.
l) Judging will commence at 11:30 a.m.
5. North Country Cheviot
7. Any Other Breed (A.O.B.)
There will be up to five individual breed classes and one A.O.B. class. The five breeds with the highest number of animals shown in the four individual sections may have individual breed classes. All other breeds will show in the A.O.B. class. A second A.O.B. class may be added at the discretion of the Committee if there are insufficient numbers for five individual breeds.
1. Ewe – “yearling” 3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place.
2. Ewe – 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place.
3. Pair of ewes – animals must have been shown in Section 1 or 2. Prize money: 1st – $25; 2nd – $15; 3rd – $10. No entry fee.
4. Ram – “yearling”, 3rd pair of temporary incisors must be in place.
5. Ram – 1st pair of temporary incisors must be in place.
6. Get-of-Sire – born on the property of the exhibitor. A group of three animals, full mouth milk teeth, by the same sire. Both sexes may be represented. Animals may or may not have been shown in previous classes.
7. Breeder’s Flock – bred and owned by the exhibitor. A group of four animals, both sexes to be represented. Each animal in the group must have been in one of the above classes. All animals must be of the same breed.
Rosettes will be awarded in each class as follows:
- Champion and Reserve Champion Ewe
- Champion and Reserve Champion Ram
JACK JAMES MEMORIAL AWARD
This award is for the best presentation and sheep showmanship presented to the sheep exhibitor in either the Junior or Open Sheep show who is deemed to have presented him/herself and his/her sheep in the best possible fashion. Judging is based on the way the exhibitor presents his/her sheep, his/her showmanship, sportsmanlike conduct, attitude and overall appearance. The 2015 recipient of the Jack James Memorial Award was Brian Atkinson & Family.